June 21, 2023
PROGRESS LABS AT RIVERSIDE I
8484 Progress Drive
Frederick, MD 21701
Bisnow: MID-ATLANTIC LIFE SCIENCES & BIOTECH SUMMIT
Wednesday, June 21, 2023
LUNCH & LEARN: HOW PUBLIC OFFICIALS, UNIVERSITIES, AND CRE CONTINUE TO ATTRACT LIFE SCIENCE TALENT TO THE D.C. REGION
What You'll Learn:
- Move over, San Francisco — the Washington/Baltimore region beats the Bay Area in life sciences research talent, according to CBRE. What helped bring the Mid-Atlantic into the life science limelight, and how can it keep its place in the top two?
- What new economic drivers and incentives, from D.C. government to Frederick County, are incentivizing top companies to locate to the Mid-Atlantic?
- While some Montgomery County sites are hotbeds for life sciences, others like White Oak aren't taking off. What are companies looking for before finalizing a location within the DMV?
- Who's financing today's life science deals in the region?
- What new developers are acquiring, or building, life sciences lab space? What unique challenges and opportunities are there amidst today's construction woes?
- How can D.C., Maryland, and Virginia collaborate to create an aligned biotech hub?