The Frederick Police Department would like to remind citizens and visitors that this Saturday, September 8, 2012 will be the 30th Annual In The Street Celebration.
Street Closing / Parking Information - In The Street Celebration
The Frederick Police Department would like to remind citizens and visitors that this Saturday, September 8, 2012 will be the 30th Annual In The Street Celebration. There will be several road closures associated with this event, which are listed below:
The following roads will be closed at approximately 6:00am:
• Market St. from the north side of the intersection of All Saints St. through 13th St.
• N. Market St. between 7th St. and 13th St. will reopen immediately following the
running of the Market Street Mile road races.
The following roads will remain closed from 6:00am until the conclusion and clean up of the In The Street Celebration, which is expected to be approximately 6:00pm:
• Market St. from the north side of the intersection of All Saints St. to 7th St.
• The first block of each street between E. Church St. and E. 6th St.
• The first block of each street between W. Church St. and W. 6th St. NOTE: W. 2nd
St. will be closed from N. Market St. to N. Bentz St.
• All westbound traffic between Church St. and 6th St. will be detoured at Maxwell Alley
• All eastbound traffic between Church St. and 6th St. will be detoured at Court St. and
NOTE: Patrick St. and 7th St. will be monitored by officers and will remain open to
traffic throughout the event.
Police are asking motorists to be aware of these road closures, remain patient, and look for officers directing traffic in the area. Motorists are also encouraged to utilize alternate routes, if possible.
Citizens and visitors should be reminded that this is a City sponsored event and as such there will be no pets or animals of any kind allowed at the event. Also, bicycles will be prohibited within the barricaded boundaries of the event.
The City of Frederick has five convenient parking decks downtown. The Carroll Creek, Court Street, W. Patrick Street, East All Saints Street and Church Street parking decks all offer parking in close proximity to the event. Cost is $6 to park all day. $1.00 from each vehicle will benefit Celebrate Frederick.
To access the Church Street parking deck, take East Street to the East Second Street entrance. There will be a sign for the entrance to the parking deck on the left hand side of the street. Please be aware the Church Street parking deck is under construction and spaces will be limited to the first two levels. The East Second Street entrance of the Church St. parking deck will only be open during the weekend of In The Street and will be closed for ongoing construction on Monday.
Patrick Street provides access to the Carroll Creek and W. Patrick Street parking decks. The Court Street parking deck can be accessed by taking Bentz Street to Church Street, and then turning right onto Court Street. The parking deck is located on the left hand side. Handicapped parking is available in all five decks.
The City of Frederick Parking Decks are located at:
• Church Street Parking Deck - 17 East Church Street
• Court Street Parking Deck - 2 South Court Street
• Carroll Creek Parking Deck - 44 East Patrick Street
• West Patrick Street Deck - 138 West Patrick Street
• East All Saints Street Deck - 125 East All Saints Street
For additional information visit the City of Frederick website at http://www.celebratefrederick.com/Events/Index.aspx?page=99 or call 301.600.2091.
Officer Preparing Release: Lt. Jason Keckler
Contact Information: 301-600-1231