Over the past two weeks, the surge in COVID-19 cases due to the Omicron variant has placed extreme stress on our community, government operations and perhaps most notably, our health care system.
In an effort to lessen the strain on these entities, the City of Frederick is taking the following steps effective Thursday, Jan. 6, 2022 through Friday Jan. 14, 2022, at which point the City will re-evaluate its operations.
- All public meetings will transition from in-person to virtual. Those that were operating virtually will continue to do so.
- City offices will be closed to the public.
- The Weinberg Center will be closed to the public and all shows will either be canceled or postponed to a later date.
- With modified operations and safety measures in place, Parks and Recreation facilities, including Talley Rec Center, will remain open to the public.
- Parks will remain open for use. Users are encouraged to practice physical distancing, wear a mask when unable to socially distance, and practice proper hand hygiene.
Additionally, we want to remind residents to only visit Frederick Health Hospital’s emergency department if they need treatment for urgent and emergency medical conditions.
As we navigate the challenging waters brought on yet again by the COVID-19 pandemic, the City encourages residents to continue to do their part to lessen the burden on our health care system by social distancing, wearing masks, and getting vaccinated and boosted.
For more information regarding testing, vaccines or booster availability, visit https://covidlink.maryland.gov/.