The 2021 Marathon Mountain Bike National Championships is set for tomorrow, Saturday, October 23 in Gambrill State Park and the Frederick Watershed CWNA. Please note that some of the Watershed trails will be designated for racers only. Parking will also be affected for the event weekend.
- Lower Fishing Creek/Cold Deer Road south of the junction with Mountaindale Road will be closed to the public to allow for safe passage for the racers and support staff.
- Gambrill Park Road, Mountaindale Road, and upper Fishing Creek Road, and all the small parking pull-offs in the Watershed will remain open (accessible via the Mountaindale entrance).
- Sand Flats and Whiskey Springs areas will remain open.
- Trails in the northwest and northeast sections of the Watershed will still remain open. The Blue Trail north of Gate C3 will also be open.
- In addition, neighboring Cunningham Falls State Park and Catoctin Mountain Park will not be impacted by the race and will be open.
For more information, please visit https://usacycling.org/events/national-championships/2021-marathon-mtb-nationals. The City of Frederick wishes all racers a safe race and a great weekend in The City of Frederick!