The Department of Housing and Human Services is accepting applications for the Bay Restoration Fee Exemption Program (BRFEP). The BRFEP is aimed at lowering the cost of users of The City of Frederick Water and Sewer systems quarterly bill for those who qualify.
To qualify, applicants must meet at least two of the qualifying factors listed below.
- Receiving Energy Assistance from the Department of Housing and Human Services;
- Receiving public assistance benefits such as Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA), Medical Assistance (MA), Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), or other public assistance benefits from the Department of Social Services. (Must supply award letter as documentation);
- Receiving disability benefits from the Veterans Administration or the Social Security Administration. (Must supply award letter as documentation);
- Meet the household income criteria (Ex: a household of four must have a total gross monthly income of less than $3,821.00).
In 2004, the State of Maryland established the Bay Restoration Fund (BRF) program to restore the vitality of the Chesapeake Bay. The BRF provides financial assistance for upgrading wastewater treatment plants and other efforts to reduce nutrient flow into the waters of the State.
Please note that an application cannot be approved if there is a delinquent balance on the water and sewer bill for the subject property.
To apply, applicants can email or call Housing and Human Services at:
- Ben Hose: 301-600-2039 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steve Cirko: 301-600-6995 or email@example.com