As The City of Frederick continues to see decreasing COVID-19 case numbers and an increase in vaccinated individuals, the City will be shifting its operations to support the community's recovery and returning to pre-pandemic operations in most City departments.
- City buildings will be open to the public beginning July 6, 2021. City buildings no longer require a screening-in process. All those who are vaccinated may enter without a mask; however, all visitors should continue to wear a mask when visiting City facilities if not vaccinated. The City encourages visitors to continue with the practice of setting appointments with staff before arriving to ensure staff is available.
- If planning to visit the Annex, beginning July 6th, it will be open from 8AM-2PM Monday through Friday. Permits, Planning, and Engineering will continue to accept applications online as offered throughout the pandemic, in addition to in-person. The one-stop shop is slated to reopen in mid-July.
- Public meetings are beginning a phased return to in-person operations starting in July. Mayor and Board of Aldermen workshops will return to in-person meetings after July 6th, with Planning Commission, Historic Preservation Commission, and the Zoning Board of Appeals returning to in-person meetings beginning in August. Beginning in September, other boards and commissions will return to an in-person meeting schedule, and the public will be permitted to join our boards and commission meetings in person. More information regarding public meetings and how you can engage in meetings, either remotely or in-person, will continue to be shared as these dates near.
- In Parks and Recreation, permitting for outdoor park facilities, pavilion rentals, and field permits have resumed regular operations. Additionally, parade/walk/race permits are now available for events of any size. Only posted, pre-approved city routes will be considered. Special routes will not be considered at this time. The William R. Talley Recreation Center will resume regular operations on July 6, 2021. This includes all programming, open gym basketball, and open gym volleyball. All Frederick County Public School Satellite Recreation Centers will be closed until further notice. New facility reservations are currently unavailable. All existing reservations have been canceled and cannot be rescheduled.
- The City will host Pop Up dining along Market Street on the fourth Saturdays of June, July, and August. On June 26, July 24, and August 28, Market Street will be closed to vehicles from 11AM to 11PM to allow in-the-street dining between Patrick Street and 3rd Street. Participating restaurants will place tables in the roadway to expand outdoor dining opportunities, much like the effort put in place last summer during restricted dining orders. Additionally, the curbside pickup zones and the extended pickup free garage parking will be discontinued on July 6th as more patrons return to in-person dining and shopping in our downtown area.
- In Housing and Human Services, the soup kitchen has recently returned to inside dining. At this time, the foodbank continues via appointment only. Beginning July 6th, walk-in services will be available.
- Even given these updates, please know that The City of Frederick remains under a State of Emergency. This means that all due dates for City bills, permits, licensures, and citations remained extended until thirty days after the City's State of the Emergency is publicly ended.
VIEW THE MAYORAL BRIEFING DISCUSSING THE OPENING
Please continue to visit cityoffrederickmd.gov/covid19 for the latest operational changes.