COMPLIANCE CHECKS CONDUCTED TO HELP KEEP ALCOHOL OUT OF THE HAND OF MINORS
Frederick, Maryland – On 05/17/2017 the Frederick Police Department conducted compliance checks of restaurants and retailers selling alcohol products within the City of Frederick. The purpose of these compliance checks is to promote public health and safety by ensuring that alcohol license holders are working to prevent the sales of alcohol to underage purchasers.
The Frederick Police Department, with the help of underage volunteers, were able to visit 25 businesses and check for compliance with state laws prohibiting the sale of alcohol products to minors. All volunteers were under the age of 21, and each one possessed a valid and legal identification card or driver’s license, which was to be shown to every server or seller who asked to see their identification.
Of the 25 businesses visited, eight passed the compliance check yielding a compliance rate of 100%. These 25 businesses and employees were presented and congratulated with a letter by the Frederick Police Department and commended for their efforts. The Frederick Police Department would like to thank the following business establishments for their compliance:
- Brown’s Discount Liquor- 908 East Patrick St.
- Crisafulli’s Cheese Shop -8 E. 2nd St.
- Eastside Liquors – 507 East St
- Fox’s Sport & Bait Store- 501 S. Market St
- Frederick Basket Company – 12 North East St
- Golden Mile Tiger Mart- 1380 W. Patrick St.
- H&R Food Market- 89 S. Market St
- Hop and Vine- 14 N. Market St
- Manny Mart- 119 S. Market St
- Market on Market – 113 N. Market St
- National Museum Civil War Medicine- 48 E. Patrick St
- Plus Mart II- 1202 E. Patrick St
- Rosedale Ice Company- 300 N. East St.
- Spin the Bottle Wine Company- 220 E. Patrick St
- Viniferous- 227 N. Market St
- Waverly Beer, Wine & Grocery- 45 Waverly Dr.
- Willow Tree Liquors- 5 Willowdale Dr.
- A-1 Choice- 300 S. Jefferson St
- Amber Meadows Liquors- 183 Thomas Johnson Dr.
- East Street Liberty- 1301 East St
- Frederick Discount Liquors- 529 N. Bentz St
- Frederick Wine House- 7820 Wormans Mill Rd.
- Lucky Liquors- 100 S. Jefferson St
- Sunrise Liquors- 407 Jefferson St
- Village Mart- 8301 River Run Rd.
Preventing underage youth access to alcohol is possible and will require the cooperation and collaboration of local law enforcement, public health and government offices, along with the consistent vigilance of local alcohol merchants. Merchant training is available to help in complying with the law. For more information about merchant training opportunities, contact the Frederick County Liquor Board at 301-600-2984 or www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/Liquor. For more information about local law enforcement efforts, please contact OFC. L. Sinay at 301-600-7508 or firstname.lastname@example.org.