FREDERICK POLICE DEPARTMENT
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 30, 2016
LOCK YOUR VEHICLE, HOME AND GARAGE DOORS
FREDERICK, MD – The Frederick Police Department would like to remind everyone to lock your house, garage, and vehicle doors. We continue to receive calls from residents who have items missing. In most cases the owners left their vehicles, houses, and garages unlocked. Items taken include: purses, credit cards, wallets, money, sunglasses, CD’s, GPS units, jewelry, cell phones, chargers, clothing, and other valuables.
- To reduce your chance of becoming a victim, here are a couple easy to follow tips:
- Lock your cars, homes, and garages – all the time!
- Park your vehicle in well-lit area.
- Install motion activated lighting around your house.
- Report suspicious activity.
- Remove all valuables from your vehicles and keep them out of sight.
- Install a vehicle alarm system.
- Install a camera system at your residence.
Public Information Contact: Michele Bowman 301-600-2091 / 240-446-4912
Anonymous Tip: 301-600-TIPS (8477)
Anonymous Tip Text: 240-674-TIPS (8477)
Anonymous Tip Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Nextdoor, Instagram, and YouTube