The Directed Patrol Unit has identified a crime pattern occurring in Main Farm, Dearbought, and Worman's Mill communities.
The Frederick Police Department has received a number of reports of thefts from unlocked vehicles in Dearbought, Main Farm, and Worman's Mill communities. Analysis of these incidents indicates they may be related. There may be additional incidents which have gone unreported. Citizens are requested to contact FPD immediately at (301) 600-2102 to make a report if they believe someone has entered their vehicle, even if nothing appears to be stolen. Citizens are also encouraged to report any suspicious individuals or activity they observe.
This is a crime of opportunity. There are several simple measures than can be taken to curtail this activity:
1. Ensure your vehicle is locked at all times, even for brief stops, and even inside the garage.
2. Close and lock your garage door.
3. Roll your windows all the way up.
4. Remove all valuables from your car when you leave it, to include mounts that could indicate the possibility that electronics could be stored inside.
5. Do not store loose change inside your car.
6. Park in well lit areas.
7. Install an alarm system and use it.
Anonymous crime tips can be called in at (301) 600-TIPS (8477).