Be advised, it is a municipal infraction for a property owner or their contractor to push snow into the streets from private property. Violation of this City code is punishable by a fine of up to $500.
DO NOT DEPOSIT SNOW INTO THE STREETS FROM PRIVATE PROPERTY
Frederick, MD – January 23, 2016: Be advised, it is a municipal infraction for a property owner or their contractor to push snow into the streets from private property. Violation of this City code is punishable by a fine of up to $500. Given the severity of this storm, the City will take a ZERO tolerance policy in the enforcement of this code.
PROPERTY OWNERS, INDIVIDUALS, AND ANY CONTRACTOR ACTING ON BEHALF OF A PROPERTY OWNER WHO FAIL TO FOLLOW THIS CODE WILL BE FINED THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT AND WILL BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY COSTS ATTRIBUTABLE TO THEIR ACTIONS.
Help us accomplish our mission to provide access for emergency responders by not pushing snow into our streets.
For road conditions, call 1-800-327-3125, monitor your local media outlets, or go to www.marylandroads.com for current conditions.
Please be aware of possible down trees and power lines. Report downed and low hanging power lines by calling 1.800.686.0011 and do not attempt to cross over or under the lines. Report downed trees by calling 301.600.1440.
Information regarding inclement weather will be announced via:
• Local radio stations Key 103.1, WFRE 99.9, AM 930 WFMD, 106.9 The Eagle and WTHU
• City Television Cable Channel 99
• Local newspaper www.fredericknewspost.com
• The City of Frederick website www.cityoffrederick.com
• Subscribe to "Alert Frederick County" to receive weather information at www.frederickcountymd.gov/alerts
• Call The City of Frederick Emergency Information Phone line at 301.600.1300.
For additional information, contact Susan Harding at email@example.com or 301.600.1385.