The Frederick Police Department would like to remind residents and visitors that this Saturday, September 12, 2015 will be the 33rd Annual In The Street Celebration. There will be several road closures associated with this event and all are listed below:
Street Closing / Parking Information - In The Street Celebration. The temporary closures can also be found on the City of Frederick website, click the tab SpiresGIS.
The following roads will be closed at approximately 6:00am:
• Market St. from the north side of the intersection of All Saints St. through 13th St.
• N. Market St. between 7th St. and 13th St. will reopen immediately following the
running of the Market Street Mile road races, which is estimated to be around 10:30am.
The following roads will remain closed from 6:00am until the conclusion and clean up of the In The Street Celebration, which is expected to be approximately 6:00pm:
• Market St. from the north side of the intersection of All Saints St. to 7th St.
• The first block of each street between E. Church St. and E. 6th St.
• The first block of each street between W. Church St. and W. 6th St. NOTE: W. 2nd St.
will be closed from N. Market St. to N. Bentz St.
• All westbound traffic between Church St. and 6th St. will be detoured at Maxwell Alley
• All eastbound traffic between Church St. and 6th St. will be detoured at Court St. and
NOTE: Patrick St. and 7th St. will be monitored by officers and will remain open to
traffic throughout the event.
Police are asking motorists to be aware of these road closures, remain patient, and look for officers directing traffic in the area. Motorists are also encouraged to utilize alternate routes, if possible.
Citizens and visitors should be reminded that this is a City sponsored event and as such there will be no pets or animals of any kind allowed at the event. Also, bicycles will be prohibited within the barricaded boundaries of the event.
The City of Frederick has five convenient parking decks downtown. The Carroll Creek, Court Street, W. Patrick Street, East All Saints Street and Church Street parking decks all offer parking in close proximity to the event. Cost is $6 to park all day.
To access the Church Street parking deck, take East Street to East Second Street. There will be a sign for the entrance to the parking deck on the left hand side of the street. Patrick Street provides access to the Carroll Creek and W. Patrick Street parking decks. The Court Street parking deck can be accessed by taking Bentz Street to Church Street, and then turning right onto Court Street. The parking deck is located on the left hand side. Handicapped parking is available in all five decks.
The City of Frederick Parking Decks are located at:
• Church Street Parking Deck - 17 East Church Street
• Court Street Parking Deck - 2 South Court Street
• Carroll Creek Parking Deck - 44 East Patrick Street
• West Patrick Street Deck - 138 West Patrick Street
• East All Saints Street Deck - 125 East All Saints Street
For additional information about the In The Street event visit the Celebrate Frederick website at www.celebratefrederick.com or contact Jennifer Martin, Office of Special Events at 301-600-2844 or firstname.lastname@example.org.