Snow is on the way! Residents are asked to watch their local weather forecast and prepare in advance. The National Weather Service is predicting an accumulation of heavy, wet snow in a relatively short period of time.
CONTACT: Susan S. Harding, Public Information Officer, 301-600-1385
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Tuesday, November 25, 2014
City Plans for Snow Event
Frederick, Md. --- Snow is on the way! Residents are asked to watch their local weather forecast and prepare in advance. The National Weather Service is predicting an accumulation of heavy, wet snow in a relatively short period of time.
As a reminder, if Mayor McClement were to implement the Snow Emergency Plan for The City of Frederick, City residents are not permitted to park on designated Snow Emergency Routes. Any vehicles parked on these streets may be towed at the owner’s expense. Vehicles traveling on Snow Emergency Routes will also be required to use snow tires or chains. Residents who reside on a snow emergency route are asked to plan ahead and park elsewhere.
Citizens are urged to sign up for updates and alerts at Alert Frederick County at www.frederickcountymd.gov/alerts.
Please note the following are the Snow Emergency Routes within The City of Frederick:
SNOW EMERGENCY ROUTES
Street Start End
1. Market Street Route 70 Bridge Route 26
2. Bentz St/Motter Avenue/
Opossumtown Pike - West South Street -- North City Limits
3. East Street - Monocacy Blvd (Walser Drive) - North Market Street
4. Baughman’s Lane - US Route 40 - Rosemont Avenue
5. South Jefferson Street - Prospect Boulevard - West Patrick Street
6. Monocacy Boulevard - East South Street - East Patrick Street
7. Monocacy Boulevard - Gas House Pike - MD Route 15
8. Gas House Pike/ - Monocacy Blvd. - East St.
9. Mill Island Prkwy - Waterside Drive - Monocacy Ford Road
1. Patrick Street - NB/ Ramp US Route 15 - Bailes Lane
2. South Street / - West Patrick Street - City Limits
3. Reich’s Ford Road
4. Yellow Springs Road/ - City Limits - N. Bentz Street
5. Rosemont Avenue/Dill Avenue
6. Seventh Street - Military Road - East Street
7. Butterfly Lane - Mt. Phillip Road - Route 180
8. Military Rd. - West 7th St. - Rosemont Ave.
9. Waterside Drive - Monocacy Blvd. - City Limits
Residents are also reminded of their responsibility to clear sidewalks from snow and ice according to Section 22-16 of the City of Frederick, Maryland Code, Titled, Removal of Snow and Ice From Sidewalks - Within twelve (12) hours after snow stops falling, a person owning or occupying a lot or part of a lot abutting a city sidewalk shall remove the snow and ice from the abutting sidewalk for a width of four (4) feet, or the width of the sidewalk, whichever is less.
In the event the snow and ice is not removed within the time and manner, The City of Frederick’s Code Enforcement Department can issue a fine of up to $100.
For information regarding inclement weather call the City’s Emergency Public Information Line 301-600-1300.