Frederick City police Officers Gunder and Sublett located seven individuals inside a vacant apartment at the Willowdale Crossing Apartment Complex located at 120 Willowdale Drive in Frederick Maryland.
On 02-28-2014 at approximately 22:42 hours Officer Gunder and Officer Sublett were in an undercover capacity concentrating their patrol efforts in a number of apartment complexes on the West side of town. These patrol assignments are for the continued effort in the fight against vehicle break-ins, suspicious persons, burglaries and other criminal activity.
While walking on foot patrol both officers were checking vacant apartments and observed a rear sliding glass door unsecured. They detected a smell of marijuana coming from inside, and observed a number of subjects inside the apartment. Officer Gunder and Officer Sublett requested additional units and made contact with all seven subjects and placed them under arrest. One of the subjects was a juvenile and the other six were adults.
The juvenile was charged and referred through the juvenile system and released to his parents. The six adults were all transported to central booking for processing.
Arrestees: (No Photos)
1) Hector Mendoza 06-25-1978: 140 Willowdale Drive Frederick Maryland
2) Jose Melendez 09-27-1993: 200 Appleton Drive, Frederick Maryland
3) Yonis Rodriguez-Quintanilla: 09-25-19-91 1475 Key parkway Frederick Maryland
4) Joel Figueroa: 02-07-1990 Vera no fixed address
5) Jose Lopez 05-05-1995: 1473 Key Parkway Frederick Maryland
6) Irvin Amaya Lopez: 11-06-1993 Heathfield Drive, Frederick Maryland
All above arrestees charged with one count of burglary, one count of trespassing and one count of possession of marijuana.
Case #: 2014-014871
Arresting Officers: Officer. Gunder & Officer Sublett
Author: Sgt. T.Tokarz 301-600-1240