CONTACT: Susan Harding, Public Information Officer, 301-600-1385
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Monday, January 13, 2014
The City of Frederick Government Offices Closed for Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday
Trash and Yard Waste Collection Clarification
Frederick, MD -- The City of Frederick Offices will be closed in observance of the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. holiday on Monday, January 20, 2014. Offices will reopen at regularly scheduled times on Tuesday, January 21, 2014.
Clarification to the schedule is as follows:
• The William Talley Recreation Center will be open for business as usual on Monday January 20th.
• The Frederick Community Action Agency and Food Bank will be closed on Monday January 20th.
• The Soup Kitchen will be open from 5:30 - 6:30 PM on Monday January 20th .
• All City parking garages and metered parking will be free on Monday, January 20th.
Trash and Yard Waste Collection
There will be NO trash collection service on Monday, January 20, 2014 in observation of the Martin Luther King Holiday EXCEPT FOR THE FOLLOWING:
Residents who are on the ONCE A WEEK collection schedule are asked to do the following:
• If you normally set your household trash out on Sunday evening for Monday collection please put your trash out on Monday evening for Tuesday collection.
Residents who are on the TWICE A WEEK collection schedule are asked to hold their trash until their next collection day.
Downtown Business District trash and recycling WILL be collected on Monday, January 20, 2014 in accordance with the regular schedule.
There will be NO yard waste collection on Monday, January 20, 2014 in observance of the Martin Luther King Holiday. Residents are asked to hold their yard waste until the next scheduled collection date.