Snow may be on the way! The City of Frederick would like to take this opportunity to remind citizens of their responsibilities and City operations during a snow event.
CONTACT: Susan S. Harding, Public Information Coordinator, 301-600-1385
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Monday, November 26, 2012
Citizens Reminded of Responsibilities during a Snow Event
Frederick, Md. – Snow may be on the way! The City of Frederick would like to take this opportunity to remind citizens of their responsibilities and City operations during a snow event.
When a Snow Emergency is declared by Mayor Randy McClement for The City of Frederick, City residents are not permitted to park on designated Snow Emergency Routes. Any vehicles parked on these streets will be towed at the owner’s expense. Vehicles traveling on Snow Emergency Routes will also be required to use snow ties or chains.
Enforcement by the Frederick City Police Department will begin 2 hours after the Snow Emergency is announced and will continue until the Snow Emergency has been lifted. Residents will be given a sufficient amount of time to move vehicles.
When a Snow Emergency is declared, it will be announced via:
• Local radio stations Key 103.1, WFRE 99.9 and 106.9 The Eagle
• City Television Cable Channel 99
• City of Frederick website www.cityoffrederick.com
• Subscribe to “Alert Frederick County” to receive weather information at www.frederickcountymd.gov/alerts
• Call The City of Frederick Emergency Information Phone line at 301.600.1300.
Citizens are also reminded of their responsibility to clear sidewalks from snow and ice according to Section 22-16 of the City of Frederick, Maryland Code, Titled, Removal of Snow and Ice from Sidewalks - Within twelve (12) hours after snow stops falling, a person owning or occupying a lot or part of a lot abutting a city sidewalk shall remove the snow and ice from the abutting sidewalk for a width of four (4) feet, or the width of the sidewalk, whichever is less.
In the event the snow and ice is not removed within the time and manner, the City of Frederick’s Code Enforcement Department can issue a municipal infraction of up to $100.
SNOW EMERGENCY ROUTES
Street Start End
1. Market Street Route 70 Bridge Route 26
2. Bentz St/Motter Avenue/
Opossumtown Pike West South Street North City Limits
3. East Street Monocacy Blvd (Walser Drive) North Market Street
4. Baughman’s Lane US Route 40 Rosemont Avenue
5. South Jefferson Street Prospect Boulevard West Patrick Street
6. Monocacy Boulevard East South Street East Patrick Street
7. Monocacy Boulevard Gas House Pike MD Route 15
8. Gas House Pike/ Monocacy Blvd. East St.
9. Mill Island Prkwy Waterside Drive Monocacy Ford Road
1. Patrick Street NB/ Ramp US Route 15 Bailes Lane
2. South Street / West Patrick Street City Limits
3. Reich’s Ford Road
4. Yellow Springs Road/ City Limits N. Bentz Street
5. Rosemont Avenue/Dill Avenue
6. Seventh Street Military Road East Street
7. Butterfly Lane Mt. Phillip Road Route 180
8. Military Rd. West 7th St. Rosemont Ave.
9. Waterside Drive Monocacy Blvd. City Limits