The City of Frederick has extended the special storm related yard waste program through the week of November 13 – 16, 2012.
CONTACT: Susan Harding, Public Information Officer, 301-600-1385
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Friday, November 9, 2012
Special Storm Related Yard Waste Pick Up Extension
Frederick, MD -- The City of Frederick has extended the special storm related yard waste program through the week of November 13 – 16, 2012. All yard waste items must meet the following yard waste standards those items that do not meet these standards will not be picked up:
• Items such as leaves, weeds, and flowers must be put out in paper kraft bags and/or plastic trash cans 35 gallons or smaller in size. No plastic bags allowed.
• Loose items such as branches and trimmings must be in containers and/or bundled with biodegradable twine or string and cannot exceed 50 lbs.
• Branches must be less than 6 inches in diameter and less than 7 feet in length.
• Edible products from any garden, yard, lawn or landscaped area are not acceptable.
The extended yard waste schedule is as follows:
• Tuesday, November 13th – NAC Areas 3, 4 and 6
• Wednesday, November 14th – NAC Areas 1, 5 and 9
• Thursday, November 15th – NAC Areas 8 and 10
• Friday, November 16th – NAC Areas 7, 11 and 12
Please put your yard waste items out curb side in front of your house on the day before your scheduled pick up. After an area is completed we will not be returning to that area. We will not be running trucks down any alleys during this special pick up.
We understand this may not be your normal pick up day and after this special pick up is completed yard waste schedules will return to normal.
Please contact DPW at 301-600-1440 if you have any questions regarding this special pick up schedule.