March 9, 2023
Frederick County Workforce Services
200 Monroe Ave
Frederick, MD 21701
Frederick County Workforce Services: HR Department of One
Thursday, March 9, 2023
Do you work as the sole individual responsible for all HR functions of your organization? The tasks associated with compliance, operations, business, and people can be overwhelming if not prioritized. In this session, we will work to assess current operations and build a roadmap to success, ensuring alignment of HR and organizational goals. We will also work to ensure strategies and efficiencies are in place to enhance the internal experience for colleagues.
This workshop will cover:
- Compliance requirements – What should be on your radar each month and key regulations.
- Training your managers – what information is key regarding documentation and treatment of employees
- Effective communication tools
- Ensure a seat at the table – HR is on the leadership team
- Hiring strategies to get hiring right the first time.
- Resources to stay on top of HR news and updates.
- Identify inefficiencies in your department.
- Building a strong culture – must dos
This workshop is designed especially for small businesses who have struggled during the pandemic. Small businesses are an essential part of our economy and were adversely impacted by the pandemic in a myriad of ways – from difficulty attracting, retaining, and training workers to loss of revenue and other financial impacts from lost sales and supply chain disruptions. This class will equip small businesses owners and representatives to develop a robust HR system to help them attract, retain, and train workers for a more sustainable future.