- Police Feature Links
- Compliments or Complaints
Compliments or Complaints
Taking the Time to Submit a Compliment or Make a Complaint
- A citizen compliment or complaint causes the police to examine the service we provide to our community and make the necessary improvements in the way we provide those services.
- When you send us a compliment it lets us know we are doing a good job and helps us recognize those officers and civilians for the excellent work they do.
- When you send us a complaint we can examine our procedures/practice and improve our level of service.
- Citizens may make complaints in person at Frederick Police Department(FPD) Headquarters (100 W Patrick Street, Frederick, MD), via telephone 301-600-2100, via email or via electronic submission.
- Citizens can expect an initial response to their complaint within 72 hours.
- Citizens can expect an update of a minimum of one time per month until the complaint is resolved.
- Citizens can expect to be advised of the outcome of the complaint within 72 hours of a disposition and in accordance with established confidentiality policies.
- View more information regarding the State of Maryland Uniform Complaint Process - PSA 3-207(F)
- View more information regarding Title 3, subtitle 1 of the Maryland Public Safety Article which outlines the due process regarding administrative investigations and disciplinary procedures of Law Enforcement Officers in Maryland.
Online Compliment or Complaint Form
Track the Status of your Complaint
Investigator Contact Information
|22-4-21||SGT Bornsfirstname.lastname@example.org||Closed||Update 2/27/23|
|22-4-22||SGT Bornsemail@example.com||Open Investigation ||Update 2/22/23|
|22-4-23||SGT Bornsfirstname.lastname@example.org||Open Investigation||Update 2/22/23|
|23-2-01||SGT Bornsemail@example.com||Open Investigation||Update 3/10/23|
|23-2-02||LT Corbettfirstname.lastname@example.org||Closed||Update 3/14/23|
|23-2-03||SGT Palkovicemail@example.com||Open||Update 3/16/23|
|23-4-01||SGT Bornsfirstname.lastname@example.org||Open Investigation|
|23-4-02||SGT Bornsemail@example.com||Open Investigation|
Administrative Hearing Board
Administrative Hearing Announcement:
The Frederick Police Department does not have any hearing boards currently scheduled. If a hearing board is scheduled, the information will be displayed with the dates, times, and locations for public viewing.
- Administrative Hearing Boards are conducted by the Frederick Police Department at the request of a Police Officer who disputes the outcome of an Internal Affairs investigation.
- Internal Investigations into allegations of police officer misconduct that could lead to disciplinary action, demotion, or dismissal must be conducted in accordance with the state law and the Law Enforcement Officer's Bill of Rights (LEOBR), Sections 3-101 through 3-113 of the Public Safety Annotated Code of Maryland. The LEOBR only applies to sworn agency personnel. Internal discipline is separate from a punishment that the police officer may face as a result of criminal charges.
- In accordance with the Annotated Code of Maryland, Public Safety Article, Section 3-107(e)(1)(ii),
the hearing shall be open to the public unless the Chief finds a hearing must be closed for good cause, including to protect a confidential informant, an undercover officer, or a child witness.
- When Administrative Hearing Boards are conducted by the Frederick Police Department, the Internal Affairs number, date, time and location will be posted on this page a week ahead of the scheduled hearing board.
- If you plan to attend a hearing board, please return to the page after 5 p.m. the day before the scheduled hearing board to confirm it is still scheduled. A hearing board may be canceled if the matter is resolved prior to the scheduled hearing.
- Individuals attending an Administrative Hearing Board must act in a respectful manner. Audio and video recordings are not permitted during an Administrative Hearing Board. Failure to comply with these guidelines may result in removal from the proceedings.