The Frederick Police Department is a progressive community-involved organization, committed to sustaining Frederick's superior quality of life. We work in partnership with our citizens to ensure their satisfaction, and we believe that our commitment to them makes Frederick a wonderful place to live and work. Our citizens and visitors enjoy a close-knit feeling of community, and we are an integral part of the lives and activities of that community. We care about our city, and embrace Frederick as our home.
The Frederick Police Department's Auxiliary Unit is comprised of uniformed volunteers who perform essential support duties for the police department. They assist with traffic control and direction, provide support at crime scenes, and enhance our presence and service to the public at special events.
- Be at least 21 years old for the Uniformed Auxiliary
- Be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
- Have the ability to commit to 10 hours of service per month
- Have a telephone and reliable transportation
- Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate
- Possess an outstanding moral character that will withstand a background investigation
- Possess a valid driver's license