- Neighborhood Advisory Council (NAC)
- NAC Documents
The city has agreed to provide residents with the necessary tools to participate successfully in the NACs.
- For the purpose of informing elected officials and city departments of neighborhood concerns, a city liaison shall attend meetings and take summary minutes.
- The city may conduct a citizens awareness program (Frederick 101), designed to educate residents about city services, city operations, and interesting city-wide issues. This program is open to all city residents.
- The city Planning Department will ensure that developers follow the Site Plan Review Section of the Land Management Code (Appendix A of the Frederick City Code, 1966, as amended) that requires that development projects be presented to the NAC. The Planning Department will forward comments from that meeting to the appropriate commission or committee.
- The city will encourage residents to follow the development project through the development process.
NACs may be allocated funds from the City of Frederick for projects such as park beautification, food drives, and donations to neighborhood projects. Funds not committed or allocated for use by a NAC at the end of April will be returned to the NAC general fund for reallocation to other NAC. All funds must be utilized in compliance with city procurement policies. Funding is not guaranteed and may be terminated by the city.
SUBMIT FUNDING REQUEST