Parks & Recreation
COVID-19 OPERATION UPDATES (Updated 5/7/2020)
- The William R. Talley Recreation Center and all satellite facilities will be closed through the City’s State of Emergency or May 31, 2020, whichever is later. No new facility reservations are available at this time. All existing reservations have been canceled and cannot be rescheduled at this time.
- All Talley Fitness Center memberships, including those with automatic billing, have been suspended. When the Fitness Center reopens, all memberships, including passes, will be reactivated on the patrons’ first visit back to the facility.
- All classes and programs are suspended through the City’s State of Emergency or May 31, 2020, whichever is later. Participants will receive a refund. Refunds will be processed and issued as promptly as possible.
- All park facility permits and parade/walk/race permits are canceled through the City’s State of Emergency or May 31, 2020, whichever is later. Patrons will receive a refund. Refunds will be processed and issued as promptly as possible.
- New applications, applications currently under review, and rescheduling requests for park facilities and parade/walk/race approvals are not being accepted/processed at this time. As conditions warrant, the City will communicate plans to resume the application and permit process.
- Generally, parks remain open to the community. Basketball courts, tennis courts, in-line rinks, skate parks, and the dog park will open for use on Friday, May 8, 2020. Individuals using the open sections of the parks should follow the Governor’s Executive Order on mass gatherings and social distancing. The community is encouraged to use parks local and adjacent to one’s neighborhood to limit non-essential travel.
- The Clustered Spires Golf Course will open for use on Saturday, May 9, 2020. Please contact the facility at 301-600-1295 for more information on tee times, safety measures, and operations.
- Playgrounds and pavilions remain closed.
View the Spring 2020 brochure (PDF) for The City of Frederick Parks and Recreation Department here.
You can register for classes online.
Westside Regional Park
Please submit any comments or suggestions for the proposed West Side Regional Park bubble plan.
To provide for diverse recreational opportunities and amenities that enhance the quality of life for our residents and visitors to the City of Frederick through the creation, operation, and maintenance of a comprehensive parks and recreation department.