Applications, Fees & Tax Credits
Historic Preservation Commission Application Forms
- HPC Application Form (PDF)
- HPC Minor Modification Form for Existing Approvals (PDF)
- Historic Preservation Overlay Designation Application (PDF)
- Historic Preservation Overlay Designation Coversheet (PDF)
- Request for Demolition Review (only for properties not already designated) (PDF)
- Request for Economic Hardship (PDF)
Historic Preservation Commission Fees
Historic Preservation Commission Application Process
General steps for property owners/agents:
- Review the design guidelines and contact a historic preservation planner with any questions.
- Submit a completed application to the Planning Department.
- Post public a public notice sign provided by the Planning Department at the property for 10 days, if required.
- Attend a hearing, if required.
- Obtain a Certificate of Approval and apply for building/zoning permits.
- Administrative Approval Flow Chart (PDF)
- Demolition Flow Chart (PDF)
- Demolition Review Guide (PDF)
- Level 1 Flow Chart (PDF)
- Level 2 Flow Chart (PDF)
- Minor rehabilitation (work that does not require HPC approval) (PDF)
Tax Credit Applications
The Historic Preservation Tax Credit deadline has been extended until April 30, 2020. Applications will be reviewed by the Historic Preservation Commission once the meetings resume. After review and approval by the Historic Preservation Committee, the tax credit will be calculated and forwarded to the County in a timely fashion. If the tax credits are not included on the July 1 tax bill, the County will send out an amended tax bill. If the tax bill has been paid, property owners will receive a refund of the tax credit. Those who wait for a revised tax bill may see impacts on the discount/interest amount.
- City Historic Preservation Property Tax Credit Guide (PDF)
- City Historic Preservation Receipt Transmittal Form (DOC), City Historic Preservation Receipt Transmittal Form (PDF)
- City Historic Preservation Tax Credit Application (DOC), City Historic Preservation Tax Credit Application (PDF)
- Federal tax credit information
- State tax credit information