Equity & Inclusion Splash Grant
Applications are now open. The deadline to apply is Sunday, December 31, 2023, at 11:59 p.m.
The City of Frederick has established a Splash Grant program designed to provide funding to local organizations that are looking to find innovative ways to promote equity in the workplace, transform organizational culture, and help members of the community break down historical barriers to access and opportunity.
This “splash” or micro-grant program aims to award grants to organizations (defined as any 501(c)(3),(c)(4),or (c)(6) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954) located in the City of Frederick addressing equity and inclusion both internally and externally, particularly in the areas of inclusive hiring and recruiting, workforce practices, and equitable service offerings, resource allocation, or policy.
Special attention will be given to those applications proposing “self-help” projects, those with significant involvement by community members or employees, and projects that encourage collaboration between community members and organizations. Projects should either have a specific start and end date or should be something that leads to an identifiable, embedded change to the organization.
Projects can touch on one or more of the following topics:
- Structural racism
- Accessibility and/or disability inclusion
- Dismantling of historic barriers to access or opportunity
- Bystander intervention
- Unconscious bias
- Equitable leadership
- Change management
- Cultural competence
- Supplier diversity
Projects should also be in line with our City values:
- Fairness: We value respectful, equitable, and just treatment of all, without discrimination or bias of any kind.
- Opportunity: We value a transparent environment that allows everyone the chance to grow, develop and succeed.
- Belonging: We value an inclusive environment where we authentically celebrate our differences.
- Integrity: We value having moral principles that guide us to making ethical decisions, taking accountability for actions both past and present, and forging a path for innovation into the future.
Splash Grant Committee:
A committee to determine grant recipients will consist of City of Frederick Office of the Mayor staff and members of the DEI Advisory Board and IDEA Working Group.
The minimum amount awarded will be $10,000. The maximum amount awarded will be up to $50,000.
Timeline for Funded Projects:
The funding period is from the date of funding (approximately 2 months after notice of award) through December 31, 2024.
The deadline to apply is Sunday, December 31, 2023 at 11:59 PM.
Questions? Contact Shana Knight at firstname.lastname@example.org.