- 2021 Election
GENERAL ELECTION - NOV 2, 2021 (EARLY VOTING OCT 27-30)
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and to ensure all who wish to vote can do so in a safe manner, The City of Frederick will be offering many options for voting in the upcoming election. Registered voters can vote by mail, vote by dropbox, or vote in-person via early voting or day-of voting. Ballots will be mailed to all registered voters in The City of Frederick at least 21 days prior to the election.
- Update Your Voter Info | Register to Vote
- View 2021 General Election Candidates
- Sample General Election Ballot
- Precinct Boundary Map
VIEW GENERAL ELECTION RESULTS
A mail-in ballot may be returned by mail in accordance with any instructions accompanying the ballot. Postage is provided by the City.
A ballot returned by mail and postmarked on or before the date of the election and received by the Board on or before 4:30 p.m. on November 5, 2021.
Track your Mail-In Ballot
The City of Frederick allows citizens to track their mail-in ballot through the mailing system. Track your Mail-In Ballot
If you are concerned that your ballot tracking is inaccurate, please contact the Election Office at 301-600-2575.
For the General Election, all ballot dropboxes will close on Tuesday, November 2nd at 8PM.
- Trinity School Voting Center, 6040 New Design Road
- Frederick County Board of Elections Office, 340A Montevue Lane
- Talley Recreation Center, 121 North Bentz Street
- Hillcrest Commons, 1150 Orchard Terrace
- Housing Authority Office, 209 Madison Street
- Frederick Community College, 7932 Opossumtown Pike (outside Student Activities Building)
- Governor Thomas Johnson High School, 1501 North Market Street
Please note that ballots dropped in a dropbox cannot be tracked via the mail-in ballot tracking system.
- EARLY | October 27-30, 2021: 7AM- 8PM
- DAY OF | November 2, 2021: 7AM- 8PM
- Trinity School Voting Center - 6040 New Design Road, Frederick, MD 21703
- Frederick County Transit Service is available. (More information)
WHERE TO VIEW GENERAL ELECTION RESULTS
The City of Frederick will post and announce results as they are received by the Frederick County Board of Elections.
Based on the schedule provided by the Frederick County Board of Elections, the City will post results on the following schedule on the election website (cityoffrederickmd.gov/2021election), on the City's social media channels, and on CH 99 (TV and Online):
- Tuesday, 11/2 Evening: Results of In-Person Early Voting and Day-Of Voting will be posted. If canvassing is completed due to ballot quantity prior to early voting, those counts will also be included with this update.
- Thursday, 11/4 Evening: Results of Mail-In and Dropbox ballots will be posted (Day 1 of Canvassing) | Canvassing will be streamed on CH 99 and the City's YouTube Channel.
- Friday, 11/5 Evening: Results of Mail-In and Dropbox ballots will be posted (Day 2 of Canvassing ) | Canvassing will be streamed on CH 99 and the City's YouTube Channel.
- If needed, vote canvassing for Mail-In and Dropbox ballots will continue on Sat, 11/6.
- The election will be certified at 2:30PM on Wednesday, 11/10. This event will be streamed on CH 99 and the City's YouTube Channel.
ELIGIBILITY AND REGISTRATION INFORMATION
To vote in the City election, you must be 18 years of age, a resident of The City of Frederick, a United States Citizen, and not be disqualified as outlined by Maryland State law. To vote in the Democrat and Republican primaries, a voter must be a registered party member accordingly. Independent or unaffiliated voters, by definition, are excluded from participating in the primary contests.
To register to vote:
- Visit Maryland's Online Voter Registration System and apply online.
- Call 301-600-VOTE (8683) to request an application be mailed to you
- Download an application from the Maryland State Board of Elections website:
- in English (PDF)
- en español (PDF), con instrucciones
- Registration Deadlines
- Primary: August 16, 2021
- General: October 4, 2021